Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Movie: The Golden Compass...subliminal garbage

Truthfully, I've not seen this movie, but from what I've heard and read it's very troubling to me. The author is an admitted atheist which is his choice, his business. However, when he writes a trilogy of books with the soul purpose (no pun intended) to implant doubts among children there is a God and wants to see the idea abolished, he becomes a real symbol of evil to every religious person.

Check it out here: http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp

It's important for those who haven't heard or think the books and movie are another Harry Potter series to know there's nothing similar between them. In fact, they are quite the opposites. I've read all the Harry Potter books and found nothing telling children they must kill a phony God, nor an ex-nun character who tells them God is a mistake! The Potter series talked of spirits and demons, but was based in good overcoming evil. This author makes no bones about his intent or reasons for writing his books! I also find no favor with Nicole Kidman for taking a part in it.


It never ceases to amaze me how people will lash out at religion when they can't deal with the existence of God because He doesn't fit in with their lifestyle. God tells us to love each other and have enough faith to believe He will be there for us. Why is that so threatening to some? I find it comforting to know there is someone larger then myself I can rely on. I've not always been a church member, but I've never doubted there is a God. He's gotten me through more then a few times.

I will watch the movie...though I'm not being a hippocrite. Yes, I know I'm adding to his pocketbook, but I want to know exactly what kind of nonsense the movie portrays. I don't intend to stand silent and I believe ill gains can be quickly taken away. Know your enemies, then pray for them. (Janieism #17)

God bless him, he's going to need it. Love and hugs...

2 comments:

Sandy said...

A few people have been saying that the book is worst than the movie. They said that the religious undertones have been stripped from the movie.
http://tinyurl.com/3xky38

Still.....I'm just not sure about this movie. I think I'd like to see if before my kid does.

Janie said...

Yes, that's part of the bait and hook. The movie is supposed to make the kids want to buy the other books.... Janie