Tuesday, January 8, 2008

God Bless America... We Need It!

In light of the Iowa and New Hampshire primaries, I must state my opinion. As a registered voter who exercises that priviledge religiously, I have that right. Besides this is my blog. I've said it more then once that campaigning should be banned. We hear the same rhetoric every time, at every election and people still fall for it. I propose a non-political, third party be established and put in charge of publishing every candidate's political records for public view. That's it! No opinioned news shows or ads allowed. No more people being lead to the polls for slaughter.

Some people, depending on their dedication to a particular party, would vote for a party's candidate even if told he'd traveled to Uranus! Which is no doubt done regularly. Those voters simply don't notice it until they try to sit down after the election! It amazes me how many people will cast a ballot because their grannie's cousin's mother was a Republican or Democrat since birth.... Oh, for the love of goat dip!

Was our last election not enough of this malarky! Bush stood up in front of America and pitched his moral and value campaign while Republican's licked the oil off his boots. We were scammed! Bush Jr. couldn't run a company let alone a country. He should never have been put in office the first time, let alone a second term!

We can't be lead down the garden path with empty words again. We are facing one of the most historical elections seen in this country for many years. As citizens, we must make a monumental decision. There is too much at stake to be blind-sighted. America has become a laughing stock. We no longer have the respect or trust we once commanded. This time around we can't afford another mistake! So before you cast your ballot in this election make sure you believe in that candidate as a person and not a party.....

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I believe that most of the nation is finally realizing how important it is to get out there and vote. This is definitely going to be one of the most exciting elections I've seen in my short time here on earth.
I know many people who vote along party lines for some of the dumbest reasons. I've heard people actually say, "I come from a long line of Republicans and I usually vote Republican." It's about time people get their heads out of their butts and do some thinking for themselves instead of letting "tradition" be the deciding factor.