Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Post Card Show in Kansas City MO

Memorial Day Weekend found Chuck and I in Kansas City for a postcard show. For those who don't know, I buy and sell vintage postcards (dating pre-1940) so if you have some to sell, please contact me. It's always a lot of fun to meet up with past dealers and introduce ourselves to new dealers while renewing or selling some of your stash. Inveritably, I end up buying more then I sell, but as Chuck says, "You have to buy in order to create an inventory". He did pretty well himself with some of his stamps. He buys and sells those too, so if you have a collection from Uncle Bill you don't know what to do with, he'd be happy to give you an appraisal and maybe purchase it from you. I found some nice St. Patrick Day and Dancing cards,my personal collections. What would you expect with a name like Maloney and ballroom dancing being our hobby? While in KC, friends took us on a tour of the new construction going on in downtown. I was very impressed with the whole area. Quaint shops and outdoor cafes,courtyard areas and the new Sprint Convention Center looked like a large stainless steel cereal bowl. I'm told American Idol will be doing some auditions there. I've not been doing a very good job of keeping up with my blog. It seems we move from one thing to another with very few breaths between and it doesn't leave a lot of time, but I guess that's life. You do what you can and let the rest fall where it may. I want to wish Happy Birthday to my dear, long time friend, Carol Crist, in Virginia. She turned a young 60 today! Here's to many more to come, girlie, and that novel we'll start one day!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Wow! It's so hard to imagine you all turning 60!

Bappy Hirthday, Carol! Ü