Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What A Way To Start The New Year!

For whatever reason I decided to start a blog and you decided to read it is probably beyond both of our imaginations. Perhaps I mistakenly think someone will want my opinion, advice, ideas, criticism or maybe just a laugh. So I've appropriately chosen to start this "journal" on January 1, 2008 at a time when I'm skidding into 59 in a couple of months. If you're 80 years old (like my dad or even as young as my kids), you're probably wondering where does she get these ideas. On the other hand, if you're 2 years old as my youngest granddaughter, Korey, is today you may believe I'm a fountain of wisdom... or candy. It's all in the perspective, you know?


So I'll tell you up front there won't be any dirty pictures, a lot of nasty words, nor will I bore you with a bunch of (well, maybe a few) love and peace signs because this is basicly all about me. It's how I think, talk, live and move about in the world... so change channels now or take care, be aware and enjoy.....

By the way, you may think the guy with me looks familiar. He was dubbed "The Chef" much to his dismay after our S-I-L looked in his kitchen cabinet one day and said it appeared Chuck was looking back at him. If you have a can of Chef Boy-Ar-Dee, grab it and imagine Chuck in a Chef's hat and whites. It's amazing!


Happy Birthday, Korey....Grammy loves you!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Congrats on the new blog! It's about time, I say.

But just remember, in this online blogging world, you're just a pup, compared to me....LOL

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Janie! And I mean that sincerely...

I LOVE your blog! It's not quite as good as actually talking to you, but your personality definitely comes through! :)

BTW, I also love the way you end your messages- 'love and hugs' - who can't use more of those?!

So--- in return, I'm sending you my most-liked salutation, "Love and angels,"
Karen

Janie said...

Appreciate all the good thoughts and comments. It's going to be a challenge keeping up with it, but I'll give it my best shot. Keep those cards and letters coming! :) Love and hugs...Janie